Ryedale Learning Trust has a clear education strategy.
Our MAT has prioritised the formation of a Central Education Team, who provide our schools with support and expertise in Teaching and Learning, Professional Learning, Inclusion, Early Years and Data/Assessment. Centralised support and guidance for Safeguarding, Attendance and SEND complements our education offer.
The aspirations of the Trust are to be an inclusive, child-centred MAT which values and promotes excellence in learning, enabling children and young people to be independent thinkers. Our commitment as a Trust is to educate, empower and champion all learners. We work closely with families and communities to ensure that all meet their full potential. Our Education Strategy encompasses the following principles:
- It recognises that the prime responsibility for school improvement lies with the Head and
- It supports schools through the School Support and Development Framework to develop
effective procedures for accurate self-evaluation and development planning
- It moves through a cycle of processes that are designed to be positive, focusing on strengths
as well as identifying areas to develop. This cycle supports effective school development
planning and helps inform the work of the Trust.
- It builds capacity and expertise for system led improvement
- It creates a professional and collaborative partnership between the Heads, the Central Education
team and other strategic partners