Vision and Values
Every learner in our Trust is inspired to succeed and enabled to fulfil their potential.
Our Trust is committed to:
- Promoting health, happiness and wellbeing
- Providing a safe, disciplined and supportive environment
- Developing a love of learning through a passionate and committed approach
- Having high standards and expectations
- Adopting a proactive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Fostering Integrity, kindness and good manners
- Collaborative working to secure excellence
- Engendering respect for individuality and difference
Ryedale Learning Trust has 4 key aims:
...where the quality of education reflects the highest standards and behaviour, attitudes and outcomes are exemplary and consistent from everyone within the school community.
We want every learner to enjoy their learning journey in our schools and have real choices
for the future.
We have a shared mission to deliver exceptional experiences and development
opportunities across the Trust.
...a leading educational organisation in our communities that gives confidence.
We want to be the ‘first choice’ in the communities we serve and for our schools to be full,
or growing, vibrant places to learn.
Every learner should have access to the best education whatever their starting point.
...our schools and Central Team are great places to work.
We want staff development to be first class and to enable ambitious staff to progress in
We want our CPD networks to offer significant professional development opportunities -
and to recruit and retain the very best people.
...an outward-facing, collaborative and innovative learning-focused organisation.
We want external agencies and strategic partners to seek to work with us, and for us to
have excellent capacity to support others.
Our reputation should attract like minded thinkers and innovators.
Ryedale Learning Trust's strategic aim for Trust growth is to improve the lives and life chances of more young people.
We can meet this aim by:
- Improving the performance of our schools.
- Providing training and support for ITT trainees and contributing to the regional supply of new
Early Career Teachers entering teaching.
- Embracing opportunities to be system leaders through strategic partnerships, including as a
delivery partner for the PathfinderTeaching School Hub and offering traded services to other
MATs and schools.
- New schools joining Ryedale Learning Trust.
We want to:
- Be a learning organisation that is continually improving and ambitious for our learners, staff
- Finds and implements the best moral and ethical ways to support and educate learners.
- Create an equitable Trust where every school and learner thrives, and where we regularly
evaluate our actions to measure the impact we are having for our learners.
- Focus on sustainability, long-term planning, and a legacy mindset - while managing risk so we
can innovate, develop, and be a leading MAT in North Yorkshire.
- Use digital technology to become more effective and efficient.
- Support our employees’ wellbeing and work-life balance.
- Ensure all available resources are delivered to schools to benefit learners, and enable
improvement and innovation as an organisational habit.
- Be an organisation where leaders are strong, effective and authentic - and develop a pipeline
of excellent future leaders.
- Ensure every child has a safe, stimulating, and well-resourced learning environment.